At Tiaiba we are BIG on self care; here are 6 tips to being the healthiest version of you!
“The most important relationship is the one you have with yourself.”
Hey Beautiful Drink Some Water
Keeping hydrated is essential for your health and well being. Listed below are a few reasons why your water intake is super important!
Keep it Moving
Water plays a huge role in your energy levels, and brain function. Some scientists have proposed that consuming more water might enhance performance during strenuous activity. Prolonged dehydration can also lead to problems with thinking and reasoning. Stay well hydrated to support good circulation, energy and blood flow
The Royal Flush
Your Body needs to flush toxins and impurities. Dehydration can lead to digestive problems, constipation, and an overly acidic stomach. Water is needed in the processes of sweating and removal of urine, feces, and prevents kidney damage.
Beauty is Her Name
Water boosts skin health and beauty. With dehydration, the skin can become more vulnerable to skin disorders and premature wrinkling. Certain toxins in the body can cause the skin to inflame, which results in clogged pores and acne. Drinking adequate water helps plump up skin, this minimizes the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Don’t Like to Drink Water? Here are some creative tips to help you drink more.
· Get different cute water bottles (always place in front of you, the nice colors and patterns can make you want to drink from them more)
· Set a timer on your phone (Have a nice reminder note ex: “hey beautiful drink some water”)
· Eat ice lollies made of water and frozen fruit or add fresh fruit and juices to your glass of water
· Use apps on your phone to help monitor your water intake.
Your Future Depends On Your Dreams So Go To Sleep
“Getting enough quality sleep at the right times can help protect your mental health, physical health, quality of life, and safety.”Listed below are reasons why getting enough sleep is super important.
Count Some ZZzzZs
Good sleep can improve concentration and productivity. Sleep is important for various aspects of brain function which includes cognition, concentration, productivity, and performance. Lack of sleep will have negative effects on these functions.
Getting the proper amount of sleep can enhance your daily performance. Sleep heals damaged cells, boosts immune system, recovers from the day’s activities, and recharges your heart and cardiovascular system for the next day.
Have Trouble sleeping? Here are some tips to getting a good night sleep
· Try to stay awake! (Sounds strange but challenging yourself to stay awake can actually trick your brain into falling asleep.)
· Make your room colder(the human body sleeps better in cold temperatures)
· Hide your clock (constantly checking time increases stress, making it harder to turn down the dial on your nervous system and fall asleep)
· Read a book
· Try a podcast or audio book
· Try the 4-7-8 Exercise (inhale for 4 seconds…hold your breath for 7 seconds…exhale for 8 seconds…repeat!)
Empty Your Mind, Be Formless, Shapeless, Like Water.
“The goal of meditation is not rid ourselves of thoughts, but to change our relationship to our thoughts.” Listed below are a few reasons why adding meditation to your daily routine is super important.
Meditation is essential to feel well and live a happy life. Meditation can help eliminate negative thoughts, worries, depression and anxiety. Meditation is known to enhance the flow of constructive thoughts and positive emotions. There are many different meditation techniques and just a few minutes can make a significant change in your daily routine.
Seek And You Shall Find
Focus, attention, and decision making are critical for our day to day lives. Headspace can improve focus and decrease mind wandering. Mindfulness meditation can positively impact mental and physical health.
Where to begin? Here are a few tips to adding meditation to your daily routine.
· Do something you love to do (ex: hiking, cooking, biking, painting, etc. Focus on your favorite activity)
· Get some fresh air (take a walk on a trail and nurture yourself in nature.)
· Join a yoga class
· Download a meditation app (use every chance you get)
Take Care Of Your Body. It’s The Only Place You Have To Live.
“Our body is the home we’ll live in for as long as we are alive” Listed Below are reasons why eating healthy is super important.
The First Wealth is Health
Good nutrition is an important part of leading a healthy lifestyle. Unhealthy eating habits are associated with major health risks that can cause illnesses. Some believe that eating healthy is too expensive but its way more expensive to be unhealthy “hints medical bills” Save your body and wallet and eat your greens today.
A healthy outside starts from inside
Many benefits come from eating healthy. Examples weight loss, better mood, reduced cancer risk, improved memory, strong bones, strong teeth, heart health, delays the effects of aging and many more. Actually healthy eating can play an important role in your life expectancy
Eating healthy on a Budget? Here are a few tips to adding healthy meals to your diet.